Siaw Ping
What do you think of when you come across the word “MANIS”?

Kind of taste?

Chocolate cake?

Romantic date?

No no no…. the modern-era meaning of “MANIS” is an phone application where we can convert receipts into rewards. Just as the tagline of the application implies, “Where everything counts”.
Criteria

We always like to set criteria for our target. We love dress that got lots of laces, we love blue mountain coffee which is highly graded, we want internet speed which can load once we click…..etc.

SO, what are the criteria of becoming the user of MANIS? Hey hey, it is as easy as ABC.

You just need to collect receipt, don’t throw them away. In the olden days, receipt is just a piece of paper to avoid the “bee bee” sound when we pass by the security check machine at the exit, or it is just a “saman” to claim the money back from our friends who always do “online shopping” via friends. LOL…

And…. There are rules & regulations to follow as well.
  • Receipt must be uploaded on the same day of the transaction being performed
  • Allowed to upload two receipts from each outlet daily
  • Some ineligible receipts like utility bills, parking tickets, prepaid top-ups etc
How do you earn points/rewards?

Step 1 : KEEP the receipt…keep the receipt…
I need to highlight this as most of us have the habit of throwing them away.

Step 2 : In MANIS app, PRESS the red circle button with $ sign to upload a new receipt

Step 3 : SEARCH for the merchant
Example : I got AEON receipt with me. So, I search AEON with the correct merchant location.

Step 4 : KEY in the amount spent. (RM 1 spent = 1 MANIS point)

 Step 5 : CROP the receipt
 Step 6 : “YES, UPLOAD” the receipt
Step 7 : WAIT for verification
You will need patience for step 7. After uploading, continue doing your work like normal and you will receive the notification SOON… written in the T&C, they will need approximately 5 days for verification.

Step 8 : REDEEM the rewards
You can redeem the rewards in the rewards store once your points are sufficient. There are lots of E-voucher that you can use. Personally, I prefer grocery vouchers which are not available at the moment. Guess the demand is so high as there are many mummies (like me) who are the MANIS fans.
I like MANIS because …. ….


The reasons are M.A.N.I.S also….. see whether you can read my minds or not. Have fun having wild guess~ if you get 100% correct, don’t forget to claim a gift from me personally….

Hmm…. The gift is…. You will know it when you get 100% correct… Be honest ya!!

“M” stands for Maniac
“A” stands for Award-winning feeling
“N” stands for Nagging app
“I” stands for Informative
“S” stands for Service

M.A.N.I.S

Letter M

Do you still remember that couple of months ago there was a phone game that people from different ages are so crazy about it? That is, the POKEMON GO. You can see people looking at the phone searching for POKEMON, be it in the park or shopping mall….or washroom too…
Now, MANIS has changed my family into “receipt maniac” whereby we are so busy keeping the receipts when we spend on something. Besides that, we remind each other to keep the receipt when we go out together. Sound so strange right? haha… but it is fun.


No more POKEMON GO, it is RECEIPT GO!
I have photoshop a picture. This picture speaks thousand words. Those who are MANIS-an, you understand ME.
Letter A


Once I have uploaded the receipts, I will receive notification on the verification results. Of course, most of the time, my receipts are approved and I earn points.

You’ve just earned XXX points from AEON.
You’ve just earned XXX points from Tesco Puchong.
You’ve just earned XXX points from Giant.

Yeah, I will receive these messagesSSss and they make me happy and kind of award-winning feeling. There is nowhere I can “win” for so many times within few days. Oh, the winning prizes are in the form of “POINTS” and still, I need to accumulate in order to redeem something from the rewards store. It doesn’t matter as I am still earning points from FOC piece of paper despite my spending.
Letter N


I am a nagging mother where I always nag at all the don’t at home.
This app is also “nagging” at me when I upload wrongly. Okay, sometimes, I just forget to upload within the allowance period. Plus, I am not the one printing the receipt, if they are blurred, I can do nothing also.


My MANIS mummy always nags at me :-
  • Receipt photo is blurry/too dark/incomplete
  • Receipt uploaded more than 24 hours after transaction time
  • Invalid receipt uploaded
Anyhow, she still cares for me as she gives me POINTS. Haha. Bananana….
 Letter I

MANIS is informative in two ways, one is for myself and another is for the commercial market.

There is a summary of my receipts. They are categorized into different areas and I can see where my money flies into. It is a good way to manage my monthly expenses. 

On the other hand, the receipts uploaded are converted into statistics or data to company who is paying the advertising rate. The commercial market will be aware of the market value of different kinds of products and in return, they will be able to build up better marketing scheme.

I am only a consumer but I am glad that I can be part of the statistics in order to boost up the sales in view of the economy downtime.

Letter S

Again, it is all about service when we are the user. Recently, one of my receipts was rejected and I disagree with the reason given. So I lodged written complaint to MANIS. Glad that it was resolved within one week.

When I browse through MANIS facebook page, I observe that MANIS answers/replies almost all of the feedbacks or comments. Credit to the person who is replying all day long, the job is not easy especially when complaints are making the way in. 
Lastly, I feel so SWEET lah using MANIS.

Come and join us. Kindly click the link below to be in the line.
0 Responses